Shelly graduated Cum Laude (with honours) from Saint Louis University (SLU) in Saint Louis Missouri, USA, in 1992 with a BS in Physical Therapy and a BA in Spanish. She also studied at the University’s Madrid campus and speaks fluent Spanish. A scholarship athlete, she captained the SLU volleyball team to two MCC Division 1 Championships.
Over her 23 year career as a board certified Physical Therapist in the USA, Shelly has worked with thousands of clients in varied settings, ranging from sports rehabilitation, to traumatic brain injuries, to heading up a multidisciplinary program for the chronic pain patient. Shelly has taken advance courses in manual therapy, orthopaedics and sports related injuries, vestibular and balance disorders, chronic pain, traumatic brain injury in addition to TPI levels 1 and 2 certifications.
Shelly is also registered with the HCPC (PH106336) as a British Physiotherapist as well as a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (096869).
She is now taking her wealth of experience to the golf course. The “body swing connection” is the crucial component to her approach in working with golfers of all skill levels and ages. “ Understanding how the human body moves in relation to the golf swing is key to implementing a successful program, and ultimately enhancing performance.”
Shelly believes in giving quality time to each client. Sessions run at a minimum of one hour, and any extra time needed to further assess and treat an individual, is always done at no extra cost. “Not rushing the process, allowing ample time to work through a swing fault, progress a program, and or allowing the body to obtain better quality of movement is how every session is, and should be structured.”
Shelly is married to a St. Andrews native and lives in Drumoig with their two young children.
What is the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)?
• The world’s leading research organization dedicated to the study of how the human body functions in relation to the golf swing.
• Has studied thousands of golfers ranging from professional tour players to weekend enthusiasts.
• Delivers cutting edge information from the leading experts in coaching, biomechanics, medical, fitness, junior golf, and nutrition.
• Developed a sophisticated Golf Screen consisting of 12 different movement tests, examining those key areas of the body that require the mobility andor stability for an efficient golf swing.
Shelly Wares and TPI
• Only one of three TPI Certified Medical Professionals in Scotland.
• Qualified to work with golfers at any skill level, regardless of golf handicap.
• Any physical limitations affecting performance will be identified using the TPI Golf Screen.
• The results will be used to develop a comprehensive, individually tailored program.
Putting it all Together---Team Effort
Here at Drumoig Golf Centre, we don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. We evaluate each client’s physical abilities, swing mechanics, practice routines and equipment. Through our screening process, we strive to find that one efficient way for each INDIVIDUAL golfer to swing the club based on what he or she can physically do. This is why working with a team is so advantageous. Shelly, Stuart, and Ross work closely together, evaluating and then implementing a comprehensive program unique to each golfer’s needs.
Contact Shelly on 07597 193467 or email email@example.com